Hello Parents & Carers of MPS Students
Welcome to the wonderful MPS Community! We are very proud of the goodwill and friendship that exists within the MPS Parent group, but we understand that the paths to participation in your child’s school community are not the same for everyone.
Some of this information is drawn from school policy, some from school communication and some from seasoned parents. Just as our children grow, the MPS parent community is always growing and changing too.
There are around 240 families that make up the MPS Parent Community coming from more than 23 cultural backgrounds. The one thing we all share is our children’s school. Over the years, informal meetings and fundraising drives have evolved into a regular program of events and a parent committee system that helps support the MPS social and educational environment.
Volunteering for the school does not require a formal commitment, there are many ways you can help out.
Your School Council Leaders
9 people – Parent Staff Co-opted
Has 3 main responsibilities:-
- Finance: overseeing the development of the school’s budget and ensuring proper records are kept of the school’s financial operation.
- Strategic planning: participating in the development and monitoring of the school strategic plan.
- Policy development and review: developing, reviewing and updating policies that reflect a school’s values and support the school’s broader direction outlined in its strategic plan.
- Contact: email@example.com
Parents and Carers Association
Approx 25 people. Parents contribute $1 to be formally inducted into the association.
Monthly meetings in the evenings.
- To give members a firsthand understanding of how the school operates, and use their skills and experience to work collaboratively with others in supporting the school and its students.
- To raise funds through a calender of events that supports the school curriculum and builds an inclusive culture for parents.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Buildings and Grounds Committee
5 people with monthly meetings in the evenings.
- The committee considers ways it can activate sustainability and outdoor environments in the school charter and strategy. Also to consider how it can incorporate environment, sustainability and waste reduction in school activities.
- Contact: email@example.com
5 people with meetings once a Term on an evening.
- To identify and apply for grants that support the school’s strategic priorities.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
4 people with monthly meetings.
- The finance sub-committee handles many of council’s roles and financial responsibilities including the development of the budget. School Council helps develop the annual budget and is responsible for ensuring that schools have a functioning and effective system of internal controls. The sub-committee presents the annual budget to the School Council for discussion and approval.
- Contact: email@example.com